Skip to content
July 26, 2010 / littlefooteslab

There must be something wrong with my clock

I really don’t know how it’s been so long since I’ve written to you all.  I guess it’s been a busy time.

Summer is in full swing finally, with lots going on and a camping trip coming up.  I’m gearing up this week for Last Thursday on Alberta later in the week, and then I’m heading out to the cabin for a “camping” weekend with five great girl friends. I say “camping” because we are going to Fishhawk Lake to my family’s cabin, so it’s not really camping, but it’s kinda like camping.  No matter what it’s going to be a blast.  We’ve divided up meal responsibility and already started reserving time in the hammock.  I get it 90% of the time, and the others can arm wrestle for the other 10%.  : )  sounds fair, don’t you think?

I also have some architecture work this week.  And I had a meeting for church tonight.  So, I’m pretty busy.  It’s all good stuff that I care about and want to be involved in, but it’s still busy.

Oh. And it’s been hot.  I’m a native Oregonian.  I sort of melt in the heat. My natural environment is rain.  Oh, I don’t want to complain.  I am very happy to have summer.

Oh my GOSH!  check out this beauty I picked and ate the other night. . .

I grew this artichoke in my garden! That's my wrist on the left of the artichoke.

Isn’t that so cool!?!  I think it’s beautiful.  I have never noticed how the leaves make that spiral action.  So neat! And I am so proud that I grew it.  : ) Then I ate it.  Well, I ate half of it.  I’ll have the other half for lunch tomorrow.  It was a monster artichoke.  A monsterly delicious artichoke.  Stay tuned for Littlefoote’s Lab designs inspired by the vegetables I grow in my garden!

Well, off to bed for me, I have to go to work tomorrow.  *dramatic sigh*  hehe  It’s temporary, but I’ll gladly take it.  I pray every day that I find a permanent spot and that I can also continue to explore Littlefoote’s Lab online and in shops around town.  I am also thankful that my sense of self is not too tied up in my career.  Don’t get me wrong, that is important, but I am glad to be able to be happy and explore life while I am in this limbo stage.  In fact, I am thankful to be in the limbo stage (sometimes).  Life is so weird.  Let’s all enjoy every day!

I love all my readers! (extra love for my readers that are also commenters!) (Hi Trav Smith!)

ps Yes, the memorial for Darrell was yesterday, so yes, I am a little more in tune with how fleeting this life can be.

Advertisements

5 Comments

Leave a Comment
  1. Alex Gauthier / Jul 27 2010 6:53 am

    Mind the artichokes. They have pointy bits.

  2. moma / Jul 27 2010 7:46 am

    Holy moly – give it whatever it wants!

  3. Mira / Jul 27 2010 9:31 am

    Yay–you have a blog!!! I love it. Have fun “camping”!
    -Mira :)

  4. slumptown / Jul 28 2010 9:52 am

    I keep trying to love the artichoke. But alas I think it and I are not meant for each other. Love the size and look of that one though. Have a good camping trip.

  5. Dan Foote / Aug 1 2010 6:31 pm

    Damn sis :)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: